Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Crow


I've been chatting with a guy who works at the coffee shop I frequent, and he's been preaching the merits of The Crow. Despite everything, I've never read it. Seen the first movie, though, and I did like it, but that's about it. And I know enough about shitty movies to know not to watch anything beyond the first one. Anyhow, I feel like I've been starving for inspiration, so I figured I'd draw The Crow. I think it turned out okay. I really feel enjoy working in ink sometimes. It makes me think of those good-old days when finger painting was an acceptable medium. At least, the way I do it does.
Anyhow, this was done in HB graphite, Pilot G-Tech pen and brush pen, with a little assist from photoshop to punch it up a bat. I don't necessarily believe in the value of digital painting, but I do appreciate how it can help sketches and comps.

No comments:

Post a Comment