Friday, May 28, 2010

Pheonix Metaphor

Hello, Internet!

This is my first true blog. My friends encouraged me to start one up, now that school's over and I've got to get my name out there and show a larger chunk of the world what I can do. This is the first of several things I have in mind to do, now that I'm a trained illustrator. But perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself.

A week ago, I graduated from a 3 year long career course in Illustration & Design at Montreal's Dawson College. I've been in school a really long time. I've got a college degree, a university degree, and now another college-level career program, and, for all intents and purposes, nothing to show for it. Now, I want to get my name out there. My classmates and teachers all seemed pretty confident in me, affirming that they figured I'd get a job in no time. So now, we shall see.

Like I said, this is part of a little plan I'm working out for myself to finally find myself a niche in the industry. I don't have any illusions that things will just come to me. Illustration and Design did a marvelous job of showing me what the industry is really like, and while it scared the hell out of many of my contemporaries, I felt like it finally gave me a reason to act, to go out and try and do something. Illustration is my life. It's all I've ever done well, ever since I was two years old. This blog will serve the double purpose of giving me a new venue to display some of my sketches, but also to keep me motivated. If I've got a place that I feel the need to update regularly, it'll keep me working and , hopefully, keep me focused.

This blog will be primarily a sketch blog, and a place to keep up to date on any larger projects I start, as well as my progress in general. Despite the name of this blog, I assure you there will be more than merely monsters. Though I've always liked drawing monsters. But I'll post my creatures, random doodles I might come up with, coffee shop drawings, and whenever applicable, something I may have found elsewhere that inspired me. I'll be posting several items on here later today, so here's to the future and what monsters it may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment