Thursday, February 17, 2011

Naked People


Hey all!
In place of anything creative and creepy, I've got a few imagines that I've done in the last few weeks of model nights. They've only been going on for about two weeks now, but I feel like I've made some good work in that time.
Rest assured that I've been working on my own little things for the last few weeks, but these pieces are something I'm kind of proud of as I've been using my least used and, at the risk of drawing ire, least favorite medium- pastels. To some, the very word evokes a feeling of wussiness. However, I find them to be almost nicer to work with than charcoal (which I do like) and the results are actually quite nice. I tried to get these results with colored pencils and was sorely disappointed.
I've been thinking a lot about deadlines, and how they're some of the hardest things to establish on your own. It's almost more than a matter if discipline. It's a matter of knowing what you're capable of, what the world might demand of you, and what you demand of yourself. As such, I've found them very hard to set, but they're a necessity. It's one of the few things I miss about being in a school environment. That and the sense that I'm not a total loner. But for that, however, I've still got the model nights, which are wonderful.
I'm posting all of these models because soon I won't be in possession of them for much longer. I'm volunteering them for a charity auction at the behest of a new friend, met through Montreal's own Official Drink & Draw night. These pictures will go towards benefiting the Yaldei Center, which I'm under the impression is a very worthy cause. It's been a while since I've done something charitable, so it's kinda nice I'm able to contribute this stuff.
Anyhow, there will me more stuff to come. I'm in the middle of a painting I've been trying to work on for ages, and I've started a small reference sculpture I'll try to update about. More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment